Monday 5 November 2012

Alan Fletcher




                                         The Art of Looking Sideways 
This book is one of my favorites because its all about graphic design but it has help me and inspired me in my work not just in graphics but in photography also.
I find it refreshing and useful, different from search the internet, I find it enjoyable and relaxing, I personally think its a great book. The style the book was made is scrap book book format. This was Alan’s sketches and ideas all beautifully laid out.
 Alan Fletcher’s 2001 book, is an great source of elegance and inspiration. with over thousand pages, it is a amazing treatise on visual thinking, i have found that the book  illustrates the designer’s sense of play and his broad frame of reference. The book is a great source and some might say it is also a mind teaser, it shows Alan”s ambition against the back fold of design,literature and takes you from pre-history times to present time. Its fair to say that Alan Fletcher is among the few most influential figures in english graphics. He was influenced by the Bauhaus, his work never copied that style. He made a break by working with things from postwar England.


The Art of Looking Sideways, 2001
Design: Alan Fletcher
Publisher: Phaidon

No comments:

Post a Comment